4 January 2016

Summary for STPM Term 1

Term 1 was considered the toughest term for me as it was the first time for me to go back and study after a half-year "Hibernation" from academic books.

Like any sixth formers all around Malaysia, I thought that Form 6 (I'll put as F6 further down) was just slightly more difficult than F5. Well, it turned out that I was totally wrong. It was not only hard, but was SUPER FREAKING HARD!!! Feel surprised? That was what I felt last year. 

I started studying in Lower 6 Biology in SMK ALAM MEGAH (which was the school I had my secondary education) 



( Logo of my school)



The number of students in that class was not constant until it reached mid-August. It finally left with the five of us. 4 females and 1 male (which is me). That's right. I know what you are thinking. I'm the only male student in the class. Do you know how the teachers describe my class? "The thorn among the roses"

Yes it is. Even my own class teacher agreed to that when she first heard from other teachers. 

I had a difficult time in handling Maths and Chemistry. I had Maths (T) for STPM. The contents in term 1 are the most in 3 terms. I spent so much time on Maths until I only had a short time for the other subjects. Bad time management you can say. The first chapter took us almost 1 and a half month to finish. It was time-consuming and I had experienced a stress that was more severe than during F5. But I didn't gave up. I kept on doing the best I could. 

On the other hand, term 1's Chemistry was also the hardest to me. For those who are going to be entering Science Stream, do remember that Chemistry in Form 5 can only be considered the primary stage of Chemistry. 

In first term, we were exposed to Inorganic, Physical Chemistry. It was hard for me to cope with the subject as it was totally different from what I learned during SPM stage. Luckily for me, I have a chemistry teacher who is always there to explain the things I don't understand and questions that was left unsolved. 

First term's Biology was quite okay for me. It was basically F5's contents but in more details and it requires a higher level of understanding. 

Pengajian Am (I called it General Studies in English) was the only subject in BM. The syllabus in this term aims to know about the structure of Malaysia from top to bottom. From Yang di-Pertuan Agong to Prime Minister and more to go..... The essays in this subject requires us to rewrite in BM, and it was quite a tough one as I did not wrote anything in BM after SPM.

Speaking of co-curricular activities, I managed to participated myself in Uniform Unit and the Society Unit. I completely neglected the Sports Unit. (Don't be like me okay.) Co-curricular activities were okay except that when you have members or "comrades" that are unwilling to support the activities held each time. Well, who am I to judge them? Let's just keep quiet for this. 

That's all for this post. Being in F6 was definitely a huge turning point in my life and being able to go through Term 1 was truly an unforgettable journey. It was not my first choice enrolling to F6 and yet it was not my last choice either.

Of course, there will be some stressful feelings seeing your friends going a different path and you always think of alternate paths other than F6 and said to yourself, "The road not taken". I know it is kinda hard to endure it at first, but once you went through the hardest time, you will sure be proud of yourself. Yes, you may look back and had a glimpse of your journey, but don't stay too long in the past. Let it go.

Besides, you have your friends, family plus teachers supporting you endlessly. What could possibly go wrong with these? 

The class picture I had in Term 1. In this picture, you only see 4 students, the other person was always absent when it comes to big event. 



Paper chromatography experiment for Biology. My favourite experiment of the term. The colours you can see slightly shows the colour of chlorophyll.










0 Comments: